Thought this was a cool post . Especially since I feel like I’ve been sampling a lot of lip products lately . Must have something to do with the cold weather. Cheers!!
Happy Friday everyone! I wanted to share this fun DIY for jeweled flip-flops project with you all. I realize it’s more wintery now– but really– who can’t use another pair of flip-flops to wear around the house? It’s not snowing yet, right? At least not here in southern California anyway.
Have fun and Happy Friday! Anyone who makes these– send me pics!
Lightly sand the straps of the flip-flops with sandpaper or use steel wool to roughen them up and make it easier for the glue to adhere. Wipe the straps clean with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol.
Place dots of glue onto the flip-flop strap in the pattern you want the rhinestones to be placed. Do just a few dots of glue at a time. Make the dots of glue just large enough so that when you press the rhinestone into them, the glue will also come around the edges of the rhinestone. This requires some practice.
Pick up a rhinestone by lightly touching it with the tip of the applicator, then press the rhinestone into the dot of glue. Repeat with the next rhinestone crystal and continue until the straps are covered.
Let glue fully dry, usually 24 to 72 hours. For optimal adhesion, add an extra day or two.
Read more: DIY Jeweled Flipflops | eHow.com
Happy Flip Flop Friday everyone! I had no idea there was such a thing as a flip-flop brand of wine. I found this wine earlier in the week at the grocery store. Really cute label and a fun way to celebrate Friday!
Better yet, a portion of the proceeds from sales of flip-flop wines benefits Soles4Souls, the international shoe charity dedicated to providing footwear to those in need.
Cheers and Happy Flip Flop Friday! Remember to celebrate responsibly.
Okay– it’s hard to stop shopping! I was on the Forever 21 website tonite looking for a few fun accessories– wow– look what I found. Everything here is pretty close to being UNDER $15 per item. Pay-Day-Friday never looked so good! Happy Shopping!!Maybe all your shopping won’t have to be for other people this weekend with so many fabulous accessories priced right. (I know I’m ready for a little retail therapy)
Smoothies and milkshakes can get boring. Here’s a yummy recipe that combines great flavors with protein powder. It’s an easy treat with a gourmet taste. Keep reading for ingredients and steps to make a Cookies Galore smoothie.
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 4 ounces milk (which ever type desired)
- Approximately 3 shots or pumps of Torani Chocolate Biscotti Syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whey (egg) protein powder, if desired
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup Ice (Less if you would like a richer flavor)
- Combine the liquid ingredients and blend for 10-15 seconds to combine.
- Add the quick oats and protein powder and blend for another 30 seconds to remove lumps.
- Add ice and continue blending until ice combined and drink is smooth.
- Serve immediately in glasses.
- Top with piece of biscotti, if desired.
- Mix all ingredients before adding ice.
- Add more or less chocolate Biscotti syrup depending on how sweet you want it.
- Look for other flavors in the coffee section of higher end grocery stores and gourmet food stores.
- Protein powders have different flavors. Try vanilla, chocolate or unflavored for best results.
- Chocolate Biscotti syrup can be ordered online if unavailable at a store near you.
- Make it healthier by adding skim milk, a sugar free syrup and natural peanut butter.
Things You’ll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Serving glasses
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Cookies Galore Smoothie. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Tonite I find myself shopping for a swimsuit– online, of course. (No super well-lit fitting rooms for me!) Especially since it’s December there are precious few swimsuits in the actual stores right now anyway.
Right now I’m searching the Victoria’s Secret website, Nordstrom website, and Spanx (yes, they make swim wear!). So far, just a whole lotta shopping. With any luck at all I will be in the hot tub soon– in a new swim suit! Readers– if you have suggestions on where to find cute styles in the middle of the winter, I am all ears.