- Shop the same places… This may be the best tip – visit the shops in your community often–you’ll learn when the new shipments arrive and when the sales occur. You’ll score the better stuff and probably get better deals if you learn these basics.
- Yes… you can negotiate… Many shops, such as Goodwill, may not let you negotiate prices but others will. It definitely never hurts to try! You will likely have more luck if you’re willing to buy multiple items or more expensive items. Shops are more likely to deal on slow-moving merchandise. Bring cash, as many resale shops don’t take credit cards.
- Don’t be afraid to travel… Take a trip to a different neighborhood or even a rural area and see what’s there — the merchandise mix will differ and it gives you the chance to break out of your comfort zone.
- Take your time… Relax and enjoy the hunt.
- Don’t go crazy… Shop carefully and choose wisely. Remember tip #1 – you’ll be back soon, right?
I’m going to blog about my many shopping escapades. Whether it is a used book store, a thrift shop or a consignment shop– I’m here to tell all about my experiences. When I find great stuff– I’ll let you know. If the parking lot was crazy busy- you will hear about it. I can fill you in on all the odd & interesting things I find while out and about.
I’m sending good karma to all the thrift shoppers out there!